Monday, February 28, 2011

Damn it feels good to be me!

Well I have to say I'm starting to feel good about myself again. I gave myself a mini-makeover this weekend. I went back to wearing my contacts, straightened my hair, and went back to my natural hair color(okay well close its a tad lighter). I didn't think anybody would notice. But I went into work this morning and everyone noticed. I got so many compliments that I might have got a swollen head. Its nice that my outside is reflecting my insides. I feel confident now that I'm becoming more like me again. I'm finally finding out what a strong, independent, amazing woman I truly am. I know that sounds conceited but it really isn't. I know I'm not the hottest thing out there but I'm loving myself. Its nice to like yourself. I can be myself for the first time in a long time without "walking on eggshells" or being looked down on. It helps that I am working in an amazing place with great coworkers that appreciate me. I'm just feeling good in general. And I would have to say Uncle Kracker and Kid Rock are in my most played play list on my IPhone. I would post a picture of myself but I think that would be overboard and I dont have a new one of me on my laptop yet. :)

No comments: