Sunday, January 09, 2011

Loving My Job

I have to say I'm really loving my job. I don't always get along with all my coworkers but for the most part I enjoy them too. There is one nurse that I have a good friendship with almost like siblings. I'm learning a lot from the unit manager and other nurses. Its really a good environment. I'm so much happier there than I was at the last place I worked. Of it might have something to do with the fact that I'm working dementia patients. It seems weird to say I enjoy it but I do. Its not that I enjoy the suffering they go through but its just special to me to be able to work with them. Ever since I was a CENA , I have always found it more rewarding. I still want to become a midwife eventually but for now I will stay with older patients while in school. Its nice coming out of work happy even if its been a rough day. Its nice to be appreciated for my nursing skills and helped to become a stronger nurse. It also helps that I'm back on 1st shift again. :) I love the fact I get home in time to have dinner with my son. It nice to cook real meals again. We are settling into a good routine and life is getting good again. You'd think I was on some really good drugs not just high on life. :) :) :)

No comments: